Tuesday, June 10, 2014

rbu How I Write a Poem Intuitively

How I Write a Poem Intuitively

"Anyone, take me a mug of coffee!"
- What? Would you fancy how large of a mug?
"Just a large one. Wonder? You will then see."
- Playful ! We'd see you drink many a jug.

"How if I'd have several 'many a mug'?"

- Oh, the Guinness Book will sure record 'you'.
"I don't think so, but maybe just 'my name.'"
- Right. Only your 'name'. How joking of you !
"How pretty sure much can I sell my fame?"

- For nothing, 'Fame is not a game,' I guess.
"And 'tis just for fun, I have to confess."
- 'tis one of the Best jokes I've ever heard.
"Okay, its First Day, not second and third."

On June 2, one of my foreign friends, an Australian writer Carly Beth Nugent wondered how I wrote a poems/tales, if I write them in Khmer first and translate them into English later. This is an instance of my answers for this morning. Thank Carly.

This poem -- one of my eight items (a prose article, included) submitted to the Sunday June 15, 2014 afternoon "The Phnom Penh Writers Workshop" hosted by an Australian writer Miss Carly Beth Nugent -- was read by a writer Luke Young at the event.

© rbu-spp June 6, 2014 Phnom Penh, Cambodia

No comments: