Tuesday, May 13, 2014

rbu May Flowers Open in May


What flower is it? I really don't know its name -- either ordinary or scientific -- 'cos I ain't a botanist. It's grown in a pot on top of my roof flat until May 11, 2014 morning when its first lovely fresh pinkish flower opens and my little daughter Winnie tells me she took its only one seed from her school nearby to grow here. Now I call it in a poem below:

May flower opens in May,
How lovely 'tis to say,
Like God's Blessings it looks,
I'll write its name in books.


May flowers open in May,
In sky, butter-flies play,
And in trees, song-birds sing,

We are in happy Spring,

Up look there, clouds come out !
Hey bees, catch me about,
We'll all play hide-and-seek,
'Tis our play of the week.

Let's dance in morning breeze,
Play trumpet, you the bees.
Monkeys, be the drummers.
You song-birds, the singers.

Enjoy the songs we sing,
We'll see again next Spring,
Time, why fast do you fly?
We will not say, "good-bye."

© rbu_spp May 11, 2014
Like ·  · 
And this second flower, the sister of the May 11 one, as is seen its picture taken against the North space high up there, just opens ten days later, to embellish the gap of the blue sky that is strewn with Spring clouds threatening to pour out torrential rains hours ahead, maybe in the afternoon of late May:

Blessed be we may, I say, in May,
As Spring rains are going to spray,
Their flickering diamond-like drops,
Things like God's blessings of good crops.

© rbu_spp May 2014

Like ·  · 

No comments: