Friday, November 30, 2012

(RBU) BRAHMA VIHARAS, UBEKKHA 'EQUANIMITY' IS WITHIN REACH

Fabien, reading your poem of Buddha's Dharma on The Brahma Vihara makes me feel as if you have something like Khmer Thoughts of Buddha's Teachings. Why don't you cite the fourth, Upekkha (equanimity) or having a thought of being in the middle?

Upekkha is not so far as you think.
It's within your proper Inner Heart,
Coordinating reliefs, even in a blink,
Belief's core to reach things tho far apart.

Happiness can only be built from within,
That pure core of your very own heart, 
Upekkha, with three siblings of no sin,
'Tis to lavish and share it to every part,

       (Poem in response to Marie Laude's opinions below)
Fabien Todescato originally shared this post:
The Bhrama Viharas

Au coeur de Sa paume aux reflets d'eau lustrale
Chatoyait l'or fin des vertus cardinales
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, ondes de lumieres
Eclairant l'ici bas d'un monde de misères.

Pictorialist +Rosa Bruno

#poétiquepinacothèque  
Fabien Todescato's profile photo

+1
Hide comments

Fabien TodescatoNov 29, 2012
+1

Well, Upekkha stands somewhat apart, and it wouldn't fit in the rhyme structure...
Thank you +Puthpong Sao for reminding us of Upekkha.
May you be happy

Marie LaudeYesterday 12:20 AM
+1

Oh now I undertand some of your past remarks +Puthpong Sao  and+Fabien Todescato . I would say some things about it:

1) if I have to try to get the 4 Buddhist virtues for myself, I have the feeling that I could reach (one day, enventually...) Metta, Karuna and Mudita. But I won't reach Upekkha. Because I don't understand it. It is the total opposite of my character. I think that detachment removes interest of life. But, obviously, if I was able to approach a little Upekkha, definitely, I would suffer less.
2) Fabien I can see that you now prefer rhyme structure and you don't commit the sin of perfection (:D)
3) I deeply love your posts and so much the worse: it is far from Upekkha!!!
Collapse this comment

Puthpong SaoYesterday 12:40 AMEdit
+1

Upekkha isn't so far as you think.
It's within your proper Inner Heart,
Coordinating reliefs, even in a blink,
Belief's core to reach things tho' far apart.

Marie LaudeYesterday 12:44 AM
+1



Always poems ! Thank you! I see +Puthpong Sao and you +Fabien Todescato you both are near Upekkha. And that's why I love you: you help me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabien Todescato 2:25 AM
+Puthpong Sao , you are my personal Bodhisattva...

Puthpong Sao 2:34 AM Edit
Yeah, thank you indeed, Fabien. Everyone should accept a praise for the reason that at least this helps the praise-maker feel happy, and that's a kind of Buddhist merit.